The Biosafety Information Centre is a website set up and managed by Third World Network.
The goals are to :
* Increase knowledge on, and deepen understanding of, (w)holistic approaches for a comprehensive assessment of technologies and techniques that involve genetic engineering
* Contribute to a wider public discussion and critical understanding of the scientific, ecological , social, economic and ethical dimensions of genetic engineering under the rubric of biosafety
* Contribute to the enhancement of the biosafety capacity of policy makers and regulators in developing countries
* Promote research (including the identification of gaps in knowledge) on biosafety
* Promote research on, and implementation of, sustainable systems for agriculture, health and ecological integrity
* Promote understanding of, and respect for, the rights, knowledge and practices of indigenous peoples and local communities